1. Even though the most popular superstition is that black cats bring bad luck, did you know that Egyptians thought that black cats are actually a sign of good luck? This started changing around the middle age when black cats were associated with witchcraft.
2. The Bombay cat was created to look as much as possible with a black panther! This breed is the only breed were black coat is the only accepted color.
3. The richest cat in the world, is a black cat, yuhu! The cat is named Tommaso and he got his fortune after his owner died, leaving him with just $13 million. It is even more interesting that Tommaso was once a stray cat.
4. Black cats always have yellow eyes! Oh well, almost always 😆. This is the result of high melanin pigment content in their bodies.
5. In Japan, women that own a black cat, are thought to attract more suitors! Imagine if they have more than one 😊).
6. Black cats can resist better different types of disease! Researchers at the National Institutes of Health discovered that the genetic mutations that cause cats to have black coats may offer them some protection from diseases. In fact, the mutations affect the same genes that offer HIV resistance to humans.
7. Black cats go with every décor, and, best of all, *you can’t see their fur on your furniture*!
8. They look great in photos! Whether you like black and white photography or color, a black cat is a perfect subject to stand out in any composition.